Reporting to the Director of Strategic Marketing/Applications, the Software Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing worldwide strategic and tactical marketing activities for Green Button Go Laboratory Automation (GBG) Scheduling and Transfer Track (Transfer Track) Liquid Mapping Software. The Software Product Marketing Manager establishes clear business justifications for projects, represents the voice of the customer to prioritize product requirements, manages the product lifecycle, defines the product value proposition, establishes pricing and discount policies for the product lines and ensures quality products that meet the customer needs are delivered. A strong understanding of product management and market research best practices is required. Knowledge of laboratory scheduling software in the life science industries and an understanding of laboratory automation is strongly preferred. This role will require significant collaboration with software development teams as well as Marketing and Senior Management within Biosero. The candidate will need to be able to work in a fast paced environment in a lean organization and must be willing to roll up their sleeves to ensure the job gets completed.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to develop and execute an overall marketing strategy to achieve product line and company goals.
- Manage the development, implementation and execution of the annual strategic and tactical marketing plan for assigned products, including product strategy, pricing, marketing programs and promotional activities.
- Manage product line expenses to ensure projects are completed within budget.
- Champion the product line and is responsible for driving all product line activities (e.g., product development, marketing programs, etc) to ensure product line objectives are achieved.
- Define specifications for enhancements to current products and new products based upon customer/market needs, applications requirements and fit with company strategy. Responsible for developing and executing product launch plan(s) for new products.
- Perform market research to support development of strategic/tactical marketing plans and gauge customer satisfaction.
- Provide training for domestic and international sales and technical support representatives
- Owns the quarterly and fiscal sales plan and works with the sales regions to ensure it is achieved. Monitors and forecasts product line revenue and provides updates to management on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in other marketing department projects as required
- Up to 25% travel required