Biosero’s Solution to Your Nitrogen Rack Storage Handling:
Learn How We Have Developed Storage Racks to Overcome the Handling Difficulties Many Scientists Face
Are there handling complications with your Liquid Nitrogen Rack Storage System? – Are your current racks too heavy and cumbersome? – Does the frost build-up prevent easy access to your stored samples? – Are the racks difficult to handle with gloves on? Biosero engineers realize the issue many scientists face and have worked to develop a solution, one which can be customized to meet the needs of your laboratory. Read on for more about the issues we addressed and what drove our new design.
Current Design Flaws which Make the Racks Difficult to Handle:
1. Weight: Excessive material in current design increases the weight unnecessarily and makes handling difficult and dangerous for lab workers.
2. Frost Build-Up: Build-up of frost on the racks increases the time and effort required to remove the racks and access the stored samples.
3. Accessibility with Gloves: Delicate handles and door latches make accessibility difficult with gloves and increase the ‘out of tank’ cycle time for stored samples thus increasing the time at which they remain in ambient temperatures.
Biosero’s Custom Engineered Solution:
1. Light Weight Design: Reduced material usage with maintained rigidity and structural strength decreases the overall weight of the racks by nearly 25%. In depth stress analysis were performed to ensure maintained integrity in comparison to current designs.
2. Ergonomic Handle Design: Frost build-up is inevitable, but the simplest modification for our handle design makes rack retrieval and manipulation easier and faster and decreases the likelihood of frost related issues.
3. Innovative Door Design: Our newly designed door latch allows for quick and easy open/close of the rack storage while wearing gloves – keeping samples colder by providing immediate access – thus reducing the length of time samples are in ambient temperatures.
Other Key Features:
• Compatible: Fits wide variety of tubes including Biosero TraceTraq and can be customized to meet all laboratory needs and requirements.
• Customizable: Design can be customized for use with varying tube and rack sizes as well as varying tank types
• Integratable: Storage racks can be adapted with a hoist lift to increase safety when removing from tanks