Date Posted: December 14, 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
Biosero Inc., a fast paced & rapidly growing company focused in Life Science Automation, is looking for an impactful executive team member to fill one of our exclusive positions, Director of Marketing. This is an opportunity to work in a motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate & honest team. We are passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software technology stack with data & robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with automation every day. Biosero’s executives are consistently honored and the company is consistently voted as one of the “Best Places toWork” in San Diego. We invest in team member growth, encouraging a lifelong journey of learning to achieve both professional and personal goals. “A Team” members looking to make an impact please apply!
The Director of Marketing develops product and marketing strategies that position Biosero to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. He/she will provide leadership and direction for the Marketing team and develop and execute marketing plans that integrate marketing programs, robust lead generation strategies, and a strong digital program to achieve growth. The Director of Marketing continually identifies and assesses new markets, product and technology opportunities and ensures resources are in place to drive marketing strategy and capitalize on opportunities. He/she has responsibility for the planning and creative execution of marketing communication programs, lead generation, events, digital and social media and marketing analytics. The Director of Marketing is part of the Executive Team and works closely with Biosero Business Unit leaders on segment strategy, product positioning and market penetration plans.
- Serve as a key and active member of Biosero’s senior management operating team
- Provide leadership for the development of global strategic marketing plans including objectives and strategy for targeted market
- Drive efforts with product development to define an overall product and technology portfolio strategy that will drive the long term growth of the organization
- Ensure the development of all strategic product roadmaps and corresponding marketing plans
- Lead the process for the continuous evaluation of trends and adjust strategy to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace
- Analyze existing and potential new products and markets in terms of the ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and sustain or grow profitability
- Monitor business metrics in regard to revenues, profitability, market share and product portfolio mix. Communicate these metrics to the senior management team and discuss potential steps to increase the metrics.
- Collaborate with senior management, Sales and Business Development to define the most effective sales channels for all products
- Create new price strategies & pricing based on the products (SaaS, licensing models, single products, etc.) markets and customers
- Establish effective relationship with the sales force with leadership, training, pricing and positioning expertise
- Define “marketing success” and establish metrics for the measurement of marketing program effectiveness
- Develop and manage the marketing budget
- Responsible (in collaboration with sales) for the development of the company’s revenue forecast
- Develop and provide leadership for a high performing product management team to drive the execution of strategic marketing plans for meeting Biosero’s overall business objectives
- Responsible for the overall management of the marketing team providing coaching, leadership and assistance with resources and strategy development
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Masters in Marketing or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a director/ marketing leadership role
- Experience in Life Science Industry, marketing software products
Salary: Much better than market standard