The Field Application Scientist will work closely within a matrix environment including Sales, Integration and Engineering, Support, and Marketing to provide the best-integrated solutions to our customers. Responsibilities include working directly with customers to assist in the design of integrated robotic systems, provide on-site support, and assist in sales demonstrations and proposal submission to customers. The Application Support team member will work closely with Biosero’s customers on the integration and support of our Green Button Go scheduling software and have a strong background in the use and/or programming of various laboratory software. This position requires flexibility, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work directly with customers, product managers, marketing managers, and sales personnel to help drive sales and marketing opportunities. In addition, they will interface with product development to provide the voice of the customer's input. They must have hands-on experience with life science applications and will be expected to occasionally prepare and present scientific material in support of marketing and sales at seminars and scientific conferences. Particular preference will be given to applicants with strong automation scheduling and software programming or development expertise. The Application Support will need to become an expert in Biosero products and integrated systems. They will be supporting worldwide sales by providing product training and articulation of product positioning. This position is full-time and benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and matching 401k.
- Help customers develop assay screening platforms through a focused understanding of the companies workflow, application requirements, and staff capabilities.
- Provide technical support for Biosero’s local automation platform and acoustic dispensing customers.
- Technical interface for Biosero, helping to manage their global automation efforts using Biosero automation.
- Provide sales managers and customers with pre-sales instrumentation selection guidance for each customer’s specific application based on past scientific experience
- Effectively coordinate and use any/all Biosero resources (including partners) for support at accounts in his/her territory.
- Act as a link between Sales, Software and Integration teams on automation projects.
- Provide feedback on automation project feasibility and function to the sales team and the customer.
- Work closely with the integration team on layout and the software team on the timing of customer automation processes and workflows.
- Assist in quoting/selling our instruments, software, and services in a team effort with our existing Account Managers by providing demonstrations and application support.
- Assist sales in finalizing FAT / SAT documents prior to PO submission by customer.
- Help the sales team's efforts at accounts by providing critical applications information regarding customers, customer requirements and potential opportunities to increase sales.
- Develop high impact applications examples that highlight the strengths of Biosero’s scheduling software and integrated Workcells.
- As requested, help in developing and writing application notes, posters, technical notes, knowledge-based articles, and scientific publications.
- Develop and give technical presentations to customers and at scientific conferences/meetings.
- Expand the examples of the application breadth of Biosero’s integrated solutions by recruiting and collaborating with our customers to create application content of all types.
- Evaluate the performance of current products, products in development, and competitive products to provide feedback from a customer perspective to marketing and development.
- Provide application support for complex problems and applications training for both internal and external customers.
- Identify key customers and build/maintain relationships/collaborations to generate high-value publications and the development of novel applications.
- Nurturing key customer relationships with exemplary applications is critical
Required Expertise in Biosero Offerings
- Have advanced knowledge of Biosero’s scheduling software Green Button Go
- Program methods
- Write custom scripts
- Proficient troubleshooting capacity, provide immediate feedback to the programming team if any errors are discovered
- Provide feedback to the programming team to increase the features/ benefits of GBG.
- Configure and assemble new automation platforms.