Date Posted: December 19, 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
Biosero Inc., a fast paced & rapidly growing company focused in Life Science Automation, is looking for an impactful team member to fill one of our exclusive positions, Global Project Manager. This is an opportunity to work in a motivational environment with an extremely talented, fun, passionate & honest team. We are passionate about our mission to enable discoveries in life science by coupling our software technology stack with data & robotics. Our customers are excited to work with us because our team is creative and passionate about ensuring their success with automation every day. Biosero’s executives receive honors for their abilities and the company is consistently voted as one of the “Best Places to Work” in San Diego. We invest in team member growth, encouraging a lifelong journey of learning to achieve both professional and personal goals. “A-Team” members looking to make an impact please apply!
The Biosero Global project manager will manage Biosero’s Project Management Office and oversee the company’s project management process. The project manager will instill Operational Excellence throughout the organization and manage key projects including: corporate process management and finance goals, new customer builds/deliveries, Lean program implementation and special projects as assigned. The project manager ensures all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Biosero’s Global Project Manager works extensively with the account management, integrations and engineering teams to define and deliver project scope, deliverables and timelines. You must love working in an extremely fast paced environment, have a passion for details and possess superior problem-solving skills.
- Manage all integration and automation projects internally from initiation of project though delivery and sign-off. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects within budget and within the project’s expected timeline and ensure that the requirements are met and customer satisfaction is balanced with company margin. Establishes project goals and implementation plans; develops detailed, cross functional, realistic time lines including resource requirements; plans for contingencies, estimates buffers, etc.
- Manage all non-technical aspects of Biosero internal New Product Development projects including resources, schedule, cost, scope and documentation and project progress reporting to the appropriate managers.
- Manage scope creep within projects through proper documentation and process driven milestones. Evaluates the impact of project changes and adjusts implementation activities to meet revised schedule. Clearly communicates any changes and the impact to original plan to the cross-functional team and senior management in a timely fashion, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to ensure equipment and parts are purchased and delivered on time per project timeline and with correct specifications, with price negotiation being critical. Assumed to be the main contact for third party vendors as needed. Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, project staff and internal and external experts as required.
- Proactive communication with customers, and sales/service team as needed throughout the project. Coordinate and communicate all milestones within the projects from kick off meetings, documentation, facilities meetings, FAT/SAT close meetings and include appropriate resources as needed
- Anticipate and mitigate all project risks proactively including all documentation that is intended to go to or from the customer. Understands organizational issues and underlying causes to make judgments; recognizes the impact and interconnections in the organization and with management as needed, develops and recommends alternatives that support project strategies.
- Works with cross functional groups to ensure that buffers are established appropriately. Adjust schedules when appropriate. Provides updates to senior management.
- Project documentation and organization of parts lists, pricing, FAT/SAT documentation, POs, etc. to be collected and stored. Promotes productivity cross-functionally by exchanging information with appropriate frequency and timeliness to maximize its utility.
- Project reviews with the intent to improve the internal processes and ensure consistency over time and as new resources come in. Share lessons learned within the company. Recommends innovative ways to improve performance, quality and enhance profitability on an ongoing basis; modifies work processes and procedures as needed.
- Faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively; diverts tensions away from individuals and toward work issues; probes for root causes of problems, collaborates to find mutually beneficial solutions, proposes action steps and assists in implementation. Collaboratively settles disputes as needed.
Skills & Experience requirements:
- Ability to motivate teams
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead meetings, and teams of people to project completion; strong ability to follow through, follow up and follow process
- Ability to balance competing interests such as, customer and company goals
- Outgoing personality with the ability to resolve issues and manage tasks to completion
- Ability to identify and manage areas of risk in customer’s documentation/specifications or in other aspects of the project
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Teams,Office, Excel, Project and Visio
- Strong work ethic with an excellent ability to work with teams
- Intermittent travel to customers’ sites as needed
- Some experience with laboratory automation, robotics, LIMS and some engineering and/or biology background is a strong plus
- Ability to lead and work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Facilities managers, Applications scientists will be critical
- Ability to concept, write, and quote change order requests;
- Ability to write or assist with the writing or editing of FAT/SAT or URS documentation as needed
- Strong initiative and ability to be flexible with changing needs throughout projects on internal to company
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or biological sciences
- Project Management Professional “PMP”Certification required
- 3+ years of technical project management experience