Date Posted: December 19, 2020
Location: San Diego, CA
You will create software that changes the world! Biosero implements robotic automation in laboratories, primarily related to medical research and diagnostics. Our primary software product is Green Button Go, a powerful laboratory scheduler that is used to control laboratory robots. Biosero is creating a whole new suite of Lab Experience applications and as a software engineer you will be a part of the software custom project team to develop Lab Experience applications and software drivers. The position is full-time and benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and matching 401k.
- Develop software features and applications using .NET/C#/WPF for Biosero’s suite of Lab Experience applications
- Develop software Plug-ins and drivers for Green Button Go scheduling software and lab experience applications
- Work closely with software Product Manager to prioritize features and clarify customer requirements
- Work with the software team in an Agile Scrum environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Biology/Bio-Engineering or comparable experience. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered,preferably with background in lab automation and scheduling software.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more of these programming languages (C#, Java, C++, Python)
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to deploy Lab Experience applications and customer training
- Proven troubleshooter/problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions. An ability to think strategically and to learn the rules that run our scheduler is a must.
Preferred Candidate Attributes
- Excellent programming experience in.NET/C#/WPF
- Working knowledge of communication technologies (Serial, TCP/IP/CAN etc.) and ability to debug networking issues.
- Working experience developing mobile applications using Android/iOS
- Experience in Pharma/Life Sciences industry and using laboratory instruments from Beckman, Tecan, Agilent etc. preferred.
- Have good oral and written communication skills and communicate effectively with customers
- Experience managing bug tracking and resolution efforts
- An interest in logic puzzles