The successful candidate will drive the effort to create and provide the best integrated solution(s) to our customers. He/she will lead Biosero’s existing applications scientists and integrate the team more deeply into the applications component of our consultative approach to sales. The position requires understanding the customer’s assay(s), workflow, requirements and goals and to provide input on WorkCell design, protocols, project proposals, pricing, and areas to increase margins and system quality. As the leader of the applications team he/she will be required to reach beyond the customer’s automation experts and engage with the end-user scientists to document and present the impact of our complete solutions. This position will work closely with Sales and Marketing to provide a holistic appreciation of the impact of our projects. The position is based in San Diego, CA and may require up to 25% travel at times.
Develop and grow the company’s global applications team to increase our market presence and provide industry leading integrated laboratory automation solutions. The successful candidate will drive the company’s core business using proven and creative management skills coupled with extensive experience in applications and an entrepreneurial spirit. Some of the key responsibilities include (but are not exclusive of):
- Build and manage a team with world-class expertise in the life science applications our customers are automating, and become an expert consultative resource for applications as well as automation.
- Lead the development of sales tools to quickly and effectively identify customer needs and propose automated solutions using Green Button Go Automation and Scheduling Software, 3D modeling software, applying novel solutions, and enhancing assays and chemistry where applicable.
- Collaborate with R and D to develop and support custom capabilities required for a project.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to identify new market opportunities and thought leaders to grow Biosero’s life science market presence.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to identify opportunities to document and present customer applications to build Biosero’s visibility and credibility in the industry. Including publications of scientific papers, application notes, conference presentations and webinars etc.
- Establish goals, metrics and solutions to drive product quality and improvements.
- Work with customers and product management to drive alignment of both software and hardware development to meet or exceed customer expectations.