The Field Application Scientist team member will provide the best integrated solutions to our customers. Responsibilities include working directly with customers to assist in the design of integrated robotic systems, provide onsite support, assist in sales demonstrations, and proposal submission to customers. The Applications Scientist will have a strong background in the use and/or programming of various laboratory software. This position requires flexibility, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work directly with customers, product managers, marketing managers, and sales personnel to help drive sales and marketing opportunities. He/she must have hands-on experience with life science applications. Particular preference will be given to applicants with strong automation scheduling and software programming or development expertise. He/she will need to become expert in Biosero products and supporting integrated systems. They will be supporting sales by providing product training and articulation of product positioning. This is a full-time position and benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and matching 401k.
- Provide sales managers and customers with pre-sales instrumentation selection guidance for each customer’s specific application based on past scientific experience.
- Effectively coordinate and use any/all Biosero resources (including partners) for account support in their territory.
- Act as a link between the sales, software, and integration teams on automation projects.
- Provide feedback on automation project feasibility and function to sales and the customer.
- Work closely with the integration team on layout and the software team on timing of customer automation processes and workflows.
- Assist in quoting/selling our instruments, software, and services in a team effort with our existing Account Managers by providing demonstrations and applications support.
- Assist sales in finalizing FAT/SAT documents prior to PO submission by customer.
- Help the sales effort by providing critical applications information regarding customers, customer requirements, and potential opportunities to increase sales.
- Help customers develop assay screening platforms through a focused understanding of the company’s workflow, application requirements, and staff capabilities.
- Provide feedback to programming team to increase features/benefits of our software, Green Button Go.
- Provide technical support for Biosero’s local automation platform and acoustic dispensing customers.
- Technical interface for Biosero, helping to manage their global automation efforts using Biosero automation.