Effective: May 23, 2018
Biosero may share Personal Information about Visitor among Biosero’s strategic partners for their marketing purposes. Biosero does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to unaffiliated third parties, Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes or otherwise. The term “unaffiliated third parties does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist Biosero in operating Biosero’s Sites, conducting Biosero business, or providing service to Visitor. It is Biosero’s practice to obligate all unaffiliated third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and not to disclose it to anyone else.
California Privacy Rights: It is Biosero’s policy not to share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes, thus, if Visitor submits a request to supply information about disclosure of Personal Information, Biosero is exempt from providing information under California Privacy Rights for disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
Opt-In and Opt- Out
What information is collected on Biosero Sites and/or Shopify?
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify Visitor as an individual or as a company or allow Biosero to contact Visitor, and to identify the products purchased, the Sites content that most interests Visitor and other personal preference information that allows Biosero to deliver the most relevant business and product materials to Visitor. Some of the Personal Information collected includes, but is not limited to Visitor name; company name; account numbers; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; fax numbers; gender; credit card and other payment information; purchase, site browsing and transaction history; website credentials; answers to security questions; job history and application information; and industry segments, job roles and functions, and demographic information. If applicable, Biosero may also ask Visitor to provide information regarding the analytical instrumentation used in Visitor’s laboratory or place of business. Some examples of when Personal Information is collected include, but are not limited to, when Visitor places a sales transaction on Biosero’s Sites; creates an account on Biosero’s Sites; completes an online form, signs up for Biosero’s newsletters; makes online purchases; completes surveys; contributes to a chat room, bulletin board, list server, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Sites; or submits a comment or question to Biosero using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on Biosero’s Sites.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, Biosero’s servers automatically collect IP addresses when Biosero’s Sites are visited. Visitor’s IP address may be associated with Visitor’s domain name or that of Visitor’s Internet access provider. Biosero may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about Visitor’s computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked Visitor to Biosero’s Sites pages, content or ads Visitor see or click on during Visitor’s visit, length of site visit and duration, items download, the next Web-site Visitor visit when Visitor leaves Biosero Sites, and any search criteria Visitor have entered on Biosero Sites or a referral site.
In addition, Biosero may deploy various tracking technologies on Biosero’s Sites to collect additional information about Visitor Site visits. For example:
- Cookies are small data files stored on Visitor computer or device at the request of a Web site. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to Visitor Web browser, and may enable Biosero to recognize Visitor as the same user who was at Biosero Sites in the past, and related usage of Biosero Sites to other information about Visitor, such as Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance Visitor’s experience on Biosero Sites and to store preferences (for example, by storing username, future log-ins are easier, keeping Visitor logged into Biosero Sites after a password is entered, and storing the contents of Visitor shopping cart during browsing, detect and prevent fraud. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give Visitor an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude Visitor’s use of Biosero Sites or their features.
- Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on Visitor’s computer or device using a media player or other software installed on Visitor’s computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on the specific computer or device, Visitor may be able to manage them using software settings.
- HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on Visitor’s computer or device about Visitor’s Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by Biosero to determine how Biosero’s Sites are being used by visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for Biosero visitors.
- Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify computers or devices that have previously visited Biosero Site.
- Browser history sniffing may be used to enable Biosero to detect whether Visitor has visited Biosero Sites or of someone else’s in the past by determining whether its URL is located in the list of URLs stored in Visitor’s Web browser’s history file.
- Browser fingerprinting can enable Biosero to recognize Visitor’s computer or device as the same one that has been used to visit Biosero’s Sites in the past based on various detectable information from Visitor’s computer or device that, together, can be used as a “fingerprint” of a computer or device.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in Biosero’s electronic communications to Visitors in order to help Biosero measure the effectiveness of Biosero content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit Biosero online or verifying whether a Biosero email was opened or if Biosero’s Web pages were viewed.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by Biosero and/or by Biosero’s service providers on Biosero’s behalf. These technologies enable Biosero to assign a unique number to a specific Visitor, and relate other Site Usage Information to related information about a specific visitor, including Personal Information.
By using Biosero Sites, Visitor consents to Biosero’s use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How Personal information is used
Biosero or Biosero’s service providers may use the information collected from and about Visitor to perform, but not limited to, the following:
- Enabling Visitors to use Biosero Sites, its features and Biosero services
- Processing and fulfilling Visitor transactions, and providing Visitor support
- Administering Biosero Sites and Visitor account with Biosero
- Communicating with Visitor about Visitor account & responding to requests, questions, & concerns
- Market research
- Personalizing Biosero Sites and services
- Improving and developing new features and offerings on Biosero Sites
- Consistent with any communications preferences Visitor have set on our Sites, sending Visitor marketing & other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of Biosero and of others, that Biosero think might interest Visitor. Visitor may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the “Opt In and Opt Out” section above
- Protecting Biosero rights and property
- Recovering debt and preventing fraud
- Personalize Biosero Sites to Visitor’s interests and history, other purposes disclosed when Personal Information is submitted to Biosero
To perform the above functions, Biosero may match information collected from Visitor through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. Biosero or Biosero’s service providers may also use Personal Information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, Biosero Sites, e-mails and other messaging campaigns.
Does Biosero share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Yes. Biosero may share the Personal Information collected on Biosero Sites with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing Visitor might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need Personal Information in order to provide services to Biosero (or on Biosero behalf and subject to confidentiality commitments) and sharing what Visitor voluntarily post to public areas on Biosero Sites with other Site users, Biosero may share Personal Information:
- Among Biosero strategic partners for their marketing and other purposes;
- When Biosero believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect Biosero rights or property, protect Visitor safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law;
- With credit bureaus, such as late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on Visitor account; and
- In connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
In addition, Biosero may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include specific names or contact information.
Visitor Access Rights
Certain Personal Information stored on Biosero’s Sites for Visitor’s account maybe reviewed, updated or modified by Visitor by logging into Visitor’s account on Biosero Sites or by contacting Biosero using the “Contact Us” information below. You may be asked to verify your identity and to provide other details before any information is provided, corrected, or deleted.
If you have any questions or comments regarding Biosero’s privacy practices, please contact us, via email at Info@biosero.com or by writing to:
Biosero HQ, 9560 Waples Street, San Diego, CA 92121, Attention: Corporate Marketing
While Biosero endeavors to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via Biosero Sites, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, Biosero cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on Biosero’s system or otherwise in Biosero’s care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If Visitor corresponds with Biosero by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “Contact Us” feature on Biosero Sites, such transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information sent in transit by such means. Biosero will have no liability for disclosure of Visitor information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If Visitor creates an account on Biosero Sites, Visitor is responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of Visitor’s account password, and Visitor shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using Visitor’s account credentials, whether or not Visitor authorized such activity. Please notify Biosero of any unauthorized use of Visitor password or account or any other breach of security.
If Biosero believes that the security of Personal Information in Biosero’s care may have been compromised, Biosero may seek to notify Visitor of that development. If a notification is appropriate, solely under Biosero’s discretion, Biosero will endeavor to notify Visitor as promptly as possible under the circumstances, using the email address on file. and Visitor agrees to the use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
Biosero’s On-line Store/SHOPIFY:
Biosero’s on-line store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides Biosero with the online e-commerce platform that allows Biosero to sell Biosero products and services to Purchasers.
Payments made on SHOPIFY:
If Purchaser chooses a direct payment gateway to complete a purchase, then Shopify stores Purchaser’s credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete a purchase transaction. After that is complete, purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by Biosero’s on-line store and its service providers.
If Purchaser provides Biosero credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, Biosero follows all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
In general, the third-party providers used by Biosero will only collect, use and disclose Visitor information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to Biosero.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information Biosero is required to provide to them for purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, Biosero recommend that Purchaser read these providers’ privacy policies so Purchaser can understand the manner in which Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either Biosero or Purchaser. If Purchaser elects to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then Purchaser information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When Purchaser clicks on links on Biosero’s on-line store, the links may direct Purchaser away from Biosero’s site. Biosero is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage Purchaser to read their privacy statements.
In addition to the various cookies and tracking technologies mentioned previously, below is a list of cookies used in Shopify.
- session_id: unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about Purchaser’s session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- shopify_visit: no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by Shopify website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- shopify_uniq: no data held, expires midnight (relative to the Purchaser) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single Purchaser.
- cart: unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of Purchaser’s cart.
- secure_session_id: unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest: unique token, indefinite If the Purchaser has a password, this is used to determine if the current Purchaser has access.
AGE OF CONSENT-SHOPIFY
By using Shopify site, Purchaser represents that Purchaser is at least the age of majority, or is the age of majority in Purchaser’s state or province of residence, and Purchaser has given Shopify Purchaser’s consent to allow any of Purchaser’s minor dependents to use this site.
CHANGES IN OWNERSHIP-SHOPIFY
If Biosero’s on-line store is acquired or merged with another company, Purchaser’s information may be transferred to the new owners so that Biosero may continue to sell products to Purchaser.